Every January, people talk about New Year’s resolutions. What on earth is a New Year’s resolution? And should you have one?
Think of a New Year’s resolution as a promise to yourself. Many people make New Year’s resolutions to do or be better.
The new year is an opportunity to look back on 2017, and to look forward to how you can make 2018 even better.
New Year’s resolutions can be about 1) what you want to do, or 2) what kind of person you want to be.
Maybe you want to:
- read at least 30 minutes every day
- play with your pet after school every day
- eat fewer sweets and more veggies
- play outside every day
- spend less time on video games
- practice your sport or instrument every day
- make new friends
- be nicer to your brothers and sisters
- think up new ways to help people
What promises do you want to make to yourself this January? Like all promises, you should do your best to keep them!