- 2 eggs
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 1 t ground cinnamon
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 t ground nutmeg
- 1/4 t ground cloves
- 1/8 t ground ginger
- 1-1/4 C evaporated milk
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1/4 C chopped pecans (optional)
- Get an adult’s help or permission.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Beat eggs, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger in a bowl until blended. Stir in milk and pumpkin until mixture is smooth.
- Transfer the above mixture to a greased nine-inch pie pan. Sprinkle with pecans (optional).
- Bake 15 minutes.
- After the 15 minutes, reduce the heat to 350 degrees F and continue baking until it sets (about 30 to 40 minutes).
- Cool for at least 1 hour before slicing and serving.
t = teaspoon
C = cup