what you’ll need:
- 8 oz. bowtie pasta (sometimes called farfalle) – whole wheat or gluten free pasta work great in this recipe!
- 3 T plus 1 t extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 C corn kernels (if you use canned, drain first; frozen, thaw first; or fresh off the cob)
- 1 C green peas (if you use canned, drain first; frozen, thaw first; or fresh out of the pod)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and shredded (use about 1/2 C if you purchase pre-shredded)
- 1/3 C grated parmesan cheese
- Salt to taste
What you do:
- Get an adult’s help or permission.
- Cook the pasta according to the directions on the package, then drain the water from the cooked pasta.
- Toss the pasta with 1 t olive oil and let it cool almost to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, toss the cooled pasta with the corn, peas, bell pepper, and carrots.
- Drizzle with the remaining 3 T olive oil, tossing it to coat everything with the oil.
- Add parmesan and salt.
- Toss again.
T = tablespoon
t = teaspoon
C = cup