What You’ll Need:
- 1 pound lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 32 oz. jar of marinara sauce
- 1 32 oz. carton of cottage cheese
- 3 C mozzarella cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 C grated parmesan cheese
- 2 t fresh or dried parsley
- 1/4 t each – salt and pepper
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 1/8 C water
What you do
- Get an adult’s help or permission.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook the ground beef (or turkey) in a large skillet until it’s brown all the way through, crumbling it up as it cooks.
- Drain the grease from the meat, then add the marinara sauce and simmer it all together for 5 minutes.
- In a big bowl, mix together the cottage cheese, 2-1/4 C of the mozzarella, the eggs, 1/4 C of the parmesan, parsley, and salt and pepper.
- In a 9×13” baking pan:
a. Spread 1 C of the meat sauce on the bottom, then lay 3 noodles across the top.
b. Spread 1-3/4 C of the cheese mixture on top of the noodles.
c. Repeat a. and b. two times so you have three layers of each.
d. Over the very top layer, put the rest of your mozzarella and parmesan.
e. Pour the water around the edges of the pan.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil. Bake for 45 minutes.
- Uncover the pan and bake another 10 minutes.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
t = teaspoon