What You’ll Need:
- 5 big potatoes
- 1 yellow onion
- 5 eggs
- 1 t salt and a dash of pepper
- 2 Toil
- Get an adult’s help or permission. Ask them to help turn on the stove and supervise your cooking. You might want them to help you with step numbers 5-8.
- Peel the potatoes and the onion, then grate them together into a large bowl.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl.
- Add egg, salt, and pepper to the potato/onion mixture, and use a wooden spoon to mix it up! Now you have your latke batter!
- Pour the oil into a frying pan on medium heat.
- Carefully place spoonfuls of latke batter into the pan. (Be careful – the oil is hot!)
- Let the latkes fry until they are golden brown (about five minutes).
T = tablespoon
t = teaspoon