what you’ll need:
- 1/4 C (each) of whatever toppings you want to use:
We suggest any of these: olives, mushrooms, bell peppers, marinated chicken strips, ground turkey (browned and drained), and anything else your kids choose to make their healthy, yummy pizza.
- 1 large eggplant, sliced into 1/4” discs
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 can (6 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1 C grated mozzarella cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Basil and oregano to taste
T = tablespoon
C = cup
What you do:
- Get an adult’s help or permission.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Rub the eggplant slices with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the eggplant slices on a baking or pizza pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Flip the eggplant slices, then add tomato sauce and sprinkle the basil on top.
- Pile the mozzarella and all the toppings on each disc of eggplant.
- Bake for 10 minutes.