What You’ll Need:
- 2 C leftover turkey, shredded
- 1 T parsley, chopped
- 1/2 t salt and 1/2 t pepper
- 8 small flour tortillas
- 2 C cranberry sauce or jellied cranberry (optional)
- 1 C cheddar cheese, shredded (can use white or yellow)
- 1 T unsalted butter, melted
- Get an adult’s help or permission.
- Use a fork to mix the shredded turkey with the parsley, then add salt and pepper and mix again.
- Put four of the tortillas on a clean work surface, and spread one to two heaping tablespoons of the cranberry sauce (if you’re using some – this is optional) onto each tortilla.
- Spread the turkey mixture over the same area, then sprinkle cheese on that.
- Top with the remaining tortillas.
- Brush butter onto the bottom of a large skillet over a low-to-medium heat. When the butter is melted, place one of the quesadillas in the pan. Cook until the cheese is melted and the tortilla is browned, about six to eight minutes.
- While the quesadilla cooks, spread the top side of it with a bit of butter.
- Flip and cook on the other side until the cheese is melted, the meat is heated through, and the outside is browned and crispy.
- Repeat with the remaining quesadillas. Slice into wedges and eat!
T = tablespoon
t = teaspoon
C = cup