Winter smoothies can be warm! Have your parents show you how to safely cut apples. Then make this yummy smoothie on a cold, wintry day!
What You’ll Need:
- 2 diced Granny Smith apples (be sure you remove the core first)
- 1+1/2 C milk (we do not recommend soy milk for this recipe!)
- 1/4 C apple juice or cider
- 2 T oatmeal (any variety will work, but “quick oats” are best)
- 1 t honey
- 1/8 t ground cloves
- 1/4 t ground nutmeg
- 1/2 t ground cinnamon
- Get an adult’s help or permission.
- Blend all the ingredients well in a blender or food processor.
- When everything is smooth and creamy, heat the mixture in one of two ways:
- Put the whole thing in a small saucepan. Heat on medium heat for about five minutes, stirring constantly, or …
- Divide the mixture into four mugs. Heat each mugful in the microwave for about 45 seconds to a minute.
T = tablespoon
t = teaspoon